Shortly processes the User’s personal data in accordance with the Swedish Personal Data Act (Swedish Code of Statutes 1998:204) and other applicable rules and regulation within the EU. By registering a user account, the User consents to Shortly processing such User’s personal data in accordance with the provisions below.
2. The information we collect
The personal data which is processed is the information provided by the User in conjunction with registration of Accounts with Shortly, in conjunction with expressions of interest or other contacts with Shortly, and information provided by the User for survey purposes. This personal data also includes names, addresses, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, debit card and credit card information and personal identification numbers. Shortly may collect information regarding the User’s creditworthiness and otherwise supplement the personal data to the extent allowed by applicable laws by obtaining information from public and private registers for the purpose of updating its user register with personal data which is deemed necessary in order to properly service customers and maintain its registers.
By using or interacting with the Shortly, you are consenting to:
2. the transfer of your information outside of the country where you live;
3. How we use the information we collect
Shortly processes personal data in order for Shortly and its licensor to be able to perform the agreement with the User, to analyse operations and customer behaviour, for customer administration, as a basis for charging for the Service, in order to provide offers, information and news to the User, to communicate with the User and in order for Shortly to be able to fulfil its obligations according to law. Shortly will also use personal data for direct marketing or other advertising via e-mail and other channels of Shortly and, subject to the User’s explicit consent, other companies’ services and products. Personal data may, subject to the User’s explicit consent, be provided to other companies within the Shortly group and to companies with which the group cooperates for direct advertising or other advertising via e-mail or another channel of services and products of Shortly, companies within the Shortly group or other companies and for market surveys.
Consistent with the permissions you give us to collect the information, we may use the information we collect, including your personal information:
- to provide, personalize, and improve your experience with the Service and products for example by providing customized, personalized, or localized content, recommendations, features, and advertising on or outside of the Service;
- to ensure technical functionality of the Service, develop new products and services, and analyze your use of the Service, including your interaction with applications, advertising, products, and services that are made available, linked to, or offered through the Service;
- to communicate with you for Service-related or research purposes including via emails, notifications, text messages, or other messages, which you agree to receive;
- to communicate with you, either directly or through one of our partners, for marketing and promotional purposes via emails, notifications, or other messages, consistent with any permissions you may have communicated to us (e.g., through your Shortly account settings); in the section 11.3 below, we inform you of the controls you can use to opt out from receiving certain messages;
- to, if you explicitly provide us your permission, use your mobile phone number to send you informational, marketing and promotional text messages using an automatic dialing system; you are not required to provide consent as a condition of signing up for Shortly’s services;
- to enable and promote the Service and other services or products, either within or outside the Service, including features and content of the Service and products and services made available through the Service;
- to process your payment or prevent or detect fraud;
- to provide you with features, information, advertising, or other content which is influenced by your location and your location in relation to other Shortly users.
4. Blocked marketing
In the event the User desires that the User’s personal data not be processed for purposes relating to
direct marketing, notice thereof may be given to:
The notice must contain information regarding the User’s name and personal identification number.
5. Access to information
The User shall be entitled, once per calendar year, to obtain without cost information regarding the personal data Shortly processes regarding the User, the source of the data, the use of the data, and the identity of parties to whom the data has been provided. Such request must be in writing, signed by the User, and contain the User’s name and personal identification number. Such requests shall be sent to the address set forth in section 4 above.
The User shall be entitled at any time to request a correction of any erroneous or modified information.
We may display advertisements from third parties and other content that links to third-party websites. We cannot control or be held responsible for third parties’ privacy practices and content. Please read their privacy policies to find out how they collect and process your personal information.
We are committed to protecting our users’ information. Your password protects your user account, so you should use a unique and strong password, limit access to your computer and browser, and log out after having used the Shortly Service. While we take data protection precautions, no security measures are completely secure, and we do not guarantee the security of user information.
The Shortly Service is not directed to children under the age of 13. We do not knowingly collect personal information from children under 13 or under the applicable age limit (the “Age Limit”). If you are under the Age Limit, do not use the Service and do not provide any personal information to us. If you are a parent of a child under the Age Limit and become aware that your child has provided personal information to Shortly, please contact us at email@example.com and you may request exercise of your applicable access, rectification, cancellation, and/or objection rights.
9. Accessing and updating user information
- What are cookies and other technologies?
A cookie is a small text file that is placed on your computer, mobile phone, or other device when you visit a website. The cookie will help website providers to recognize your device the next time you visit their website. There are other similar technologies such as pixel tags (transparent graphic images placed on a web page or in an email, which indicate that a page or email has been viewed), web bugs (similar to pixel tags), and web storage, which are used in desktop software or mobile devices.
There are also technologies such as mobile device identifiers and SDK integrations to help companies recognize your device when you return to an app or otherwise use a service.
We use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your device for a set period of time or until you delete them). We use the following types of cookies for the purposes explained in this chart:
Cookie Type Purpose
Essential Operational: These cookies are necessary to allow us to operate the Shortly Service as you have requested. For example, they let us recognize what type of subscriber you are and then provide you with services accordingly.
Performance / Analytics :We use these cookies to analyze how the Shortly Service is accessed, is used, or is performing. We use this information to maintain, operate, and continually improve the Shortly Service. We may also obtain information from our email newsletters, including whether you opened or forwarded a newsletter or clicked on any of its content. This information tells us about our newsletters’ effectiveness and helps us ensure that we’re delivering information that you find interesting.
Functional: These cookies let us operate certain functions of the Shortly Service in line with the choices you make. These cookies mean that when you continue to use or come back to the Shortly Service, we can provide you with our services as you have asked for them to be provided, such as knowing your username, remembering how you have customized our services, and reminding you of content you have enjoyed.
Targeting / advertising: We use these cookies to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests. The information may also be used for frequency capping purposes (e.g., to ensure we do not display the same advertisement to you repeatedly) and to help us regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness.
Shortly Ads: We work with web publishers, advertising networks, and service providers to deliver Shortly ads on other websites and services. Cookies may be used to serve you with advertisements that may be relevant to you and your interests on other websites and services and to regulate the advertisements you receive and measure their effectiveness.
- Manage your cookie and other preferences
12. More information
© Shortly AB.